Thank you for your interest in Ross as a potential employer. We hope you will take a moment to explore the job opportunities listed here. We encourage you to review our professional development opportunities. In addition to providing excellent support for our faculty, the Ross Institute has a number of opportunities for teaching professionals from all over the world.
All faculty have responsibilities in our Student Life programs. Preference is given to candidates who act as boarding parents, living in boarding houses with students. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The associate teacher program at Ross is a unique and transformative opportunity for highly qualified recent college graduates to enter the independent school professional workforce in a vibrant and creative academic and residential life program; mentored by and working alongside master teachers in their fields. Teacher Associates will be assigned responsibilities and duties in a particular academic area commensurate with an assessment of their individual skills and qualifications. Teacher Associates will be required to actively instruct and supervise students in all classroom and residential life settings. Teacher Associates will be formally evaluated and assessed at the end of the school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Co-teach three classes in an appointed area of expertise
· Supervise one study support class each trimester
· Teach up to two independent classes
· Act as a substitute teacher when necessary
· Serve doctor, desk, post office or other duties each week, as necessary
· Coach or act as an assistant coach for one sport per school year
· Serve as a Houseparent at the School’s boarding program.
· Bachelor’s Degree and an exceptional college transcript
· Background in Wellness/Fitness preferred
· multi-lingual skills a plus
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of content and skills related to discipline(s) assigned.
· Ability to effectively engage with learners of all levels and backgrounds.
· Ability to demonstrate awareness and importance of international education and intercultural understanding.
· Ability to support the academic needs and course work for students, families, and other professionals associated with Ross distance learning programs.
Looking for a Chef Assistant to fully participate in the Ross School Café’s concept of a healthy team environment, prioritizing communication with supervisors and co-workers as a means to meeting the production standards and service the Ross Café wishes to put forth daily to the Ross Community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Food preparation, assistance in receiving deliveries, food processing and storage.
· Running food from the kitchen to the Café during dinner food service.
· Clean service ware and equipment, dishwashing, laundry services and other general cleaning duties
· Setting up, servicing and breaking down special functions in addition to daily service.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:30-7:30pm
Facilities HVAC Technician
Ross School seeks an experienced HVAC Technician to provide assistance with the maintenance of services including repairs and alterations to ensure that all facilities and equipment function properly, remain in sound condition, and meet the needs of the organization’s activities and programs.
· Communicates and supports the organization’s managers with projects requiring HVAC skills and experience greater than the standard maintenance personnel.
· Skills will include general and advanced HVAC trade work.
· Will assist the Facilities Supervisors in completion of service requests and other routine duties.
· Will schedule HVAC repairs and maintenance during periods of little or no occupancy to facilitate organization’s day to day operations.
· Will develop HVAC recommendations and proposals to present to Director of Facilities for improvements to the facility.
· Documents actions taken for all work through the building Management Software.
· To assist the Facilities Department with all aspects of the building and grounds maintenance to the various building owned/operated by organization.
· Assist in event setups and takedowns.
· Make a conscientious effort at keeping the organization orderly, both inside and out.
· General HVAC knowledge in a commercial setting.
· Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
Preference is given to candidates who act as boarding parents, living in boarding houses with students. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.